Application and admission

Application and admission procedure

If you want to study at GIH as a free mover student, you must apply for the courses through the Swedish online application system Here you will find all the information you need about entry and language requirements and the application and selection process.

Please read the information carefully.

Apply for autumn semester

15 Mars: Application opens

15 April: Admission application deadline (at

Apply for spring semester

15 September: Application opens

15 October: Admission application deadline (at

Residence permit for studying in Sweden

In general, citizens of countries outside the EU/EEA, who intend to study in Sweden for more than three months are required to apply for a residence permit for studies in Sweden. You need to apply for and receive your permit before you travel to Sweden. 

It normally takes 2-3 months for a residence permit to be granted to visiting students. For information about residence permits and how to apply, please visit the Swedish Migration Agency´s website.