Do you love thriathlon? If your answer is yes, be a volunteer in our research study!
You can help us to understand how to improve performance during a cycle-to-run simulated transition. Participate in our research entitled: "The influence of pedal foot position on running performance during a cycle-to-run transition".
Who can participate?
- 20-35 years old
- Well trained (expected performance during a 5 k running time trial: < 20 min)
- Competitive experience (> 2 years)
- No previous injury in the last 6 months
How does it work?
- 1st day: maximal oxygen consumption evaluation
- 2nd day: cycle-to-run transition simulation with pedal foot position 1
- 3rd day: cycle-to-run transition simulation with pedal foot position 2
Procedures will occur at the Biomechanical and Motor Control Laboratory and LTIV Laboratory at Gymnastik- och idrottshogskolan (GIH).
What are the benefits?
Participating as a volunteer you will receive a gift from GIH and the following information below that will help you improve your training settings:
- Maximal VO2 consumption
- Ventilatory/heart rate thresholds
- Cycling maximal power output and wattage/body mass ratio
- Cycling and running asymmetries
IMPORTANT: finishing the three-day protocol you might be invited to participate in our second study that will provide information about morphological and mechanical asymmetries of plantar flexor muscles (Achilles tendon included).
Julio Cezar; firstname.lastname@example.org, doktorand, Tel: 0737-36 50 69
Tiago Jacques; email@example.com, doktorand, Tel: 0720-46 99 09
Toni Arndt; firstname.lastname@example.org, professor, supervisor